The objective of the doctoral thesis is the development of different pathways for the optimization and scaling of photocatalytic reactions with sunlight. To this end, different reactions of relevance in the pharmaceutical and chemical industry are evaluated, studying the reaction parameters that affect kinetics and reaction mechanisms. On the other hand, different reactors such as the Spinning Disc Reactor (SDR) will be optimized to carry out these reactions under natural sunlight and thus demonstrate the future applicability of this technology.
- The IMAES group signs a research contract with the company FAIGES S.L. to carry out a study about the treatment of the effluents generated in the olive oil production Plant. The research team is made up of professors José María Monteagudo and Antonio Durán, Alba María Acevedo (chemical engineer) and Valentín Andarias and Gonzalo Palomo (industrial engineers). The duration of the project will be five months, until October 30, 2021. Mabel Marcos (attached to the Faiges SL Management and Carmen Redondo (Faiges Laboratory Manager) attend the presentation of the first results report.
- The IMAES group participates in a workshop with researchers from the universities of BATH (UK) and Prince of Songkla (Thailand). The objective was to discuss the preliminary results of the study carried out on the degradation of microplastics in water by photocatalytic POAs
- Sara López Ramírez, Mechanical Engineering student, has defended his final degree project, entitled “Recovery of CO2 from wastewater mineralization by olive pomace biochar
- ACCENTURE forma a alumnos del grupo IMAES en GESTIÓN AMBIENTAL EN LA EMPRESA
- ACCENTURE trains the students of the IMAES group in ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT